Why Automate Sales?
Why Automate Sales?
Above is a typical conversation that happens with many business owners when they are presented with the opportunity of automating the sales function.
As a business leader, digitizing or automating sales is not only about getting a good pulse of sales activities of the business, but also about helping your team be operationally productive.
Increasing Team Productivity
- Effective Follow-up – One of the main reasons behind losing sales is poor follow-up. A good CRM with an effective follow-up mechanism helps sales teams to maintain constant interaction with customers and close deals in less time.
- Self Organizing– Having a central place to gather all the information about a deal and the ability to easily access and update while on the go means CRM is a personal productivity booster for the sales person.
- Team Collaboration – In most of the businesses sales is a team effort. Digitizing sales with a good CRM tools enhances collaboration thereby helping teams to close more deals in less time.
- Easy Access to Information – Should sales be stopped when a salesperson go on leave? Having easy access to information empowers other team members to serve customers.
- Positive Competition – performance comparison charts/reports shared with team creates a performance oriented culture
Management and Strategic Decision Making
While helping the team to be operationally productive, sales automation with a good CRM should also help you make right management and strategic decisions too. As a business owner or manager, you should be able to,
- See the team contribution and performance at any time
- Analyze and appraise team members
- Generate MIS (Management Information System) for strategic decision making. Ex. how the sale distribution across different branches or product categories
- Accurate sales forecasting based on sales pipeline for growth related strategic decision making for future
- Plan for sustainable growth of the business by carefully nurturing and managing the sales pipeline
Sales Automation or Digitizing Should be an Easy and Painless Step
A CRM shouldn’t be a burden to you or your team, rather it should be tool that eases the way of you doing business. A simple CRM like BuzzFlow helps you and your team get the best out of the system with minimal inputs. In the meantime it makes the use of CRM a fun exercise for the whole team.